The Peace Garden State
Compare North Dakota Auto Insurance Quotes From Multiple Companies
North Dakota Auto Insurance
North Dakota is a state where people treasure quality over quantity. In fact, it is ranked as the state that has the highest quality of life in the country. Here North Dakotans enjoy low taxes, low unemployment and a wide variety of food. While it may have a smaller population than other states, residents like to keep its beauty all to themselves. Because North Dakota experiences all four seasons, there are dangers on the road year-round. It’s important to protect yourself financially from the hazards of driving, which is why the state legally requires all drivers to have Auto Insurance.
Auto Insurance Specialists can help you find the best coverage options to fit your lifestyle and budget. Try our simple form for an AIS Instant Quote®. This quote will be a range of our Auto Insurance partners' rates for the coverage you select, and then you get to choose from our top-rated affordable carriers.
Required Auto Insurance in North Dakota
North Dakota requires that you have Liability Insurance that includes Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage. You’re also required to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage in order to legally drive in North Dakota.
State Minimum Liability Coverage in North Dakota
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident
- PD or Property Damage: $25,000 per accident
State Minimum Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage in North Dakota
- BI or Bodily Injury: $25,000 per person, $50,000 total per accident
State Minimum Personal Injury Protection (PIP) in North Dakota
- PIP or Personal Injury Protection: $30,000 per accident
To learn more about specific Auto Insurance coverage, visit our Car Insurance Coverage page.
Optional Coverage in North Dakota
Although the minimum requirements for North Dakota Auto Insurance includes a variety of protection, it’s not always enough to cover the costs that can incur in an accident. Considering additional coverages is always a smart idea and may ultimately give you better peace of mind while driving on North Dakotan roads.
The following coverages are optional to add onto your Auto Insurance policy:
- Collision Coverage*: This type of coverage will pay for the costs that are related to damages to your car due to a collision. The average national repair costs after an accident are nearly $3,000, so it’s important to add Collision coverage to your policy if you want to be financially protected in the event of a car accident.
- Comprehensive Coverage*: This coverage will pay for expenses associated with damages to your car as a result of covered losses that are not collision. This type of coverage may compensate for damages caused by ice, fire, hail and vandalism.
- Towing and Labor: This coverage pays for costs incurred if your car needs towing, up to policy limits.
- Rental Reimbursement: This coverage pays for your rental car expenses when your car is being repaired from an accident, up to policy limits.
*Although Collision coverage and Comprehensive coverage are not required by law, they may be required in your car loan or lease contract with the lender.
These levels and types of coverage aren’t required by the state of North Dakota, but it may be wise for you to consider them for your policy. And because Auto Insurance needs vary from person to person, consulting a licensed Insurance Specialist at AIS can help you determine the right coverage for you.
Most Stolen Car Models in
There are multiple factors that go into calculating your Auto Insurance premium, including the risk of your car getting stolen. Certain car models attract thieves more than others. According to the www.nicb.org, these are the top 10 cars that get stolen in North Dakota:
- Chevrolet Pickup (Full Size)
- Ford Pickup (Full Size)
- Chevrolet Impala
- Dodge Pickup (Full Size)
- GMC Pickup (Full Size)
- Pontiac Grand Prix
- Chevrolet Suburban
- Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
- Ford Taurus
- Honda Accord
North Dakota Auto Insurance Discounts
Saving you money on Auto Insurance is what we do here at AIS. To help you save even more on your Car Insurance rates, there are some discounts available for eligible North Dakota drivers. Ask your AIS agent about any discounts you may qualify for.
Some examples of these North Dakota Auto Insurance discounts include:
- Anti-Theft Device
- Safety Device
- Good Student
To learn more about specific discounts, visit our Discounts page.
There are many beautiful places to explore all over the state by way of driving. Keeping you and your family protected financially and legally on the road with the required Auto Insurance will keep your driving adventures much more enjoyable. If you don’t want to spend hours searching for low rates and the best coverage from hundreds of carriers, Auto Insurance Specialists are here to help! We search and find the best rates and coverage from our high-quality insurance partners. The helpful professionals at AIS are an excellent asset to North Dakota drivers. For information and a quick free quote on a North Dakota Auto Insurance policy, call AIS today!